I love making my own plant spray, it’s quick and easy and has helped me when I had infestations that could have completely ruined my indoor jungle. I love making it because I know exactly what ingredients go into it and my green girls love it.
Finding neem oil has been an absolute saving grace! If you haven’t used it before I need to say this- it doesn’t smell so great and it’s quite thick, so spraying it without a window open can overwhelm your senses (talking from experience here 😅), but it loses the smell when it dries.
The neem oil will also lose its effectiveness after 3/4 days when mixed into a plant spray solution. So I mix a new batch, weekly for my watering day.
You can usually find neem oil from your health and wellness stores and when I can’t find it, I’ll usually just use Dr.Google 👀😅and purchase it online.
What kind of pests does Neem oil get rid of?
- Fungus gnats
- Spider mites
- Houseplant scale
Plant spray recipe:
- 1 tablespoon neem oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary oil/peppermint oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid (without bleach) – optional
- 1 litre of water
How to make your plant spray:
- Mix the ingredients into a spray bottle
- Spray on one/two leaves and leave the plant spray for a minimum of 2 days (ideally 7 days) to see how your green girls react.
- If your plants are happy, you can spray the soil and all the leaves of the plants
- Repeat this after 7 days or on your watering day.
I love this plant spray and hope it can help you.